Saturday, March 17, 2007

WHY WOMEN CRY


*****

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?"
"Because I am a woman," she told him.
*
"I don't understand," he said.
His mother just hugged him and said,
"And you never will."
*
Later, the boy asked his Father,
"Why does Mother seem to cry for no reason?"
*
"All women cry for no reason,"
was all his dad could say.
*
The little boy grew up and became a man,
still wondering why women cry.
*
Finally, he put in a call to God.
When God got on the phone, he asked,
"God, why do women cry so easily?"
*
God said:
"When I made the woman, she had to be special.
I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,
yet gentle enough to give comfort.
*
I gave her inner strength to endure childbirth
and the rejections that many times comes from her children.
*
I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going
when everyone else gives up,
and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue
without complaining.
*
I gave her the sensitivity to love her children
under any and all circumstances,
even when her child has hurt her very badly.
*
I gave her the strength to carry her husband through his faults,
and fashioned her from his ribs to protect his heart.
*
I gave her wisdom to know
that a good husband never hurts his wife,
but sometimes tests her strengths and
her resolve to stand beside him
unfalteringly.
*
And finally,
I gave her a tear to shed.
This is hers exclusively to use
whenever it is needed."
*
"You see, my son," said God,

"the beauty of a woman
is not in the clothes she wears,

the figure that she carries,

or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman

must be seen in her eyes,

because that is

the doorway to her heart-

the place where love resides."

*****







No comments: