Monday, March 19, 2007

What's in a Name?

I was away for sometime
and I had some catching up to do....

BUT what caught my eyes are the entries in an affidavit
by a certain Celia
who revealed that
the perst pig referred to gloria
as "IGOROTA".....

compared to calling her [Celia]
as "FAVORITA".....
*
Well, celia may be the flavor of the month[or was it years?]
at that time, but the label "igorota" is another feather
[although littered and mish-mashed!]
to gloria's cap!
*
Si gloria langa yata ang may napakaraming
codename to date....
Let me count the names....
  • glue [para kasing pandikit sa pagkakahawak sa puwesto]
  • Tiyanak= kasi super liit pero kung makaasta, kaya ang lahat!
  • power-grabber=I think alam nyo na ang ibig sabihin, noh?
  • Pandak-becoz of her low stature, in ways more than one.
  • PanDoc-after Papa Doc, that tyrant who ruled with iron hands,tas, pandak pa, so there!
  • Igorota-


The last leaves a bad taste in the mouth,
simply because it mentions the IGOROTAs,
most of whom are law-abiding citizens of this nation.
*
There are more, I guess....
more names and codes given to gloria,
something I may not be aware of....
*
In a true democracy, taxpayers can say whatever they want to say
against any elected official of the Land.
Not so in Pilipinas....
hence,
people have resorted to name-calling to vent their anger
against the powers-that-be.
*
Some cool head want to stop this,
but more want to stop the root cause of it all:
gloria herself!
*
I say:
THAT, would be the day!
...and I hope it would be sooner,
rather than later!
*



No comments: