Monday, March 26, 2007

LINDOL



I
was surfing the net last Sunday
when I felt dizzy.....
I looked around and saw the overhead circular hanging light swaying.
Another earthquake, I mumbled.
I glanced at the TV set which was on
[I always do that, listen to whatever is said on TV
becoz I want to retain as many words as I can remember]
and saw 9:43.

ALL the while I thought it was gonna stop.
But no...it continued.
The IRORI's [Japanese style hearth]
hanging iron clamp was swaying to and fro!
Geez! This must be big, I said to myself!

By that time, I wasn't feeling well....
I felt nauseated....

I stood and looked out of the window.
That was a mistake. I felt nauseated all the more.
So I went back to my chair and sat.

Soon after, news and updates have flashed on the screen.
The center was somewhere in the sea beside Noto Peninsula,
in Ishikawa-Ken. Magnitude was placed at 6.9,
considered a major one.

Living in Japan has its risks.
And the greatest one is the fact that Japan
is one of the most earthquake-prone countries in the world.
It lies on four tectonic plates.
Hence, earthquakes are as common as waking up each morning
and seeing the Sun.

Knowing this, the Japanese as a people
has been preparing for earthquakes all their lives.
The SDF are efficient and response to disasters are
done in no time.

But then again,
I wanna go home where my heart lies.....

I have had enough of earthquakes to last me a lifetime.
I wish to wake up in the Land where
I could relax and not be worried when the next earthquake
would be. I know Inang Bayan have had its share of earthquakes
but not this often.....
Here, we suffer jolts as many as thousands in a day!

Babalik na ako sa Pilipinas!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((****))))))))))))))))))




2 comments:

mschumey07 said...

While the surot is still in power, we in 'Pinas experience earthquakes every minute of the day.

Every time she utters lies, ang lakas ng yanig dito. Sana tamaan ng lindol ang palasyo niyang puti habang tulog silang pamilya.

Hannah said...

SANA NGA, schumey....
para naman mawala na ang malas sa Bansa natin.

Sana rin, ang epicenter ng quake eh yung bahay nila, nang tulutyan nang lamunin ng lupa....

O kaya naman ipakain sa nagugutom na buwaya sa Manila Zoo....magsama sila ng katulad nila!

Amen!

Cheers, Bro!